Kirjoittaja Aihe: Atmos or Attack  (Luettu 2828 kertaa)

PurpleAlien

Atmos or Attack
« : 12.02.2022-16:59 »
Hi,

I'm new to the forum. I hope it's ok to write in English. My Finnish isn't that good.

I'm looking at boilers and I have to make a decision. I've read good things about the Atmos (DC 40 GD), but it does not have Lambda. On the other hand, the Attack (40 DPX Lambda) is looking good also. Both have around the same efficiency. I know what Lambda controls are, but I want to hear some more opinions on this, especially from people that are familiar with both burners. Would you go for Lambda? Do you have issues with the Atmos that would be solved if it had Lambda? How does the Attack compare? What would you go for?

I've had a few emails back and forth with Lauri from Hemeltron on this. His opinion is he prefers non-Lambda. I need a few more opinions.

Thanks!

AnssiKo

Vs: Atmos or Attack
« Vastaus #1 : 12.02.2022-22:56 »
I'd definitely go for Attack DPX or SLX with lambda based automation. As easy as it can be, no hassle and wondering like with manual settings. No need to follow chimney top or display during heating.

Equipped current boiler with a lambda sensor and display, so seen the need of proper settings during different stages of burnings.
60-luvun torppa, Ariterm City 25+ (30 kW nim., 'hifikattila' aka 'torso'), λ-näyttö, puskurina 2.4 m³ modattu puolihybridivaraaja. Hienosäädöstä kahdessa piirissä huolehtii bivalenttisuntit, Ouman EH-800+tsi-sisäanturi ja EXU-800+tsi-sisäanturi. Specu-dataa tarjoaa RasPi, OneWire ja TaloLogger Pi

PurpleAlien

« Vastaus #2 : 13.02.2022-19:50 »
Thank you for your response!

It's difficult to make a decision, so your input helps to move things forward.

varikonniemi

« Vastaus #3 : 22.02.2022-15:23 »
for sure dpx from the two you mention. Lambda takes the boiler to another level.
VIGAS 40 Lambda / Laddomat 21-60 @ 78^c / 4,2m^3 varaaja

Raimo

« Vastaus #4 : 23.02.2022-20:30 »
Hi!

I have had the DPXL now for a year. If I would get to choose again, I would choose SLXL now. Based on newer design and bigger chamber. The user interface is also better, I believe. Smoke bypass-hatch is kinda jamming in DPXL. The tubes are also harder to clean. I bet SLXL has also better air-flow design.

I don’t know why they sell DPX anymore. Have to say, it is super easy to light up! Just collect coal to the middle, add a burning piece of anything and the draugh will do the rest.
Rakentanut 2019:
Puukeskuslämmitys 2020 Attack DPXL 25kW, Vexve Termovar, Jäspi Ovali Hybrid 2000l.
Lattialämmitys, Vexve AM-40 automatiikka. Hybridi Bosch 11kW MLP:n ja 80 tyhjiöputken aurinkojärjestelmän kanssa.
2023: 15 kW aurinkosähköjärjestelmä.
”Puukeskuslämmitys on takkaa mieluisampi.”

PurpleAlien

« Vastaus #5 : 23.02.2022-22:38 »
Thank you both for your responses.
In the mean time, I'm leaning towards an SLX Lambda Touch myself. Just a little bit more research :)